Friday, July 19, 2013

FroYo Meltdown


So after spending boo coos of money on frozen yogurt I find that Sweet Frog has an app that lets you earn rewards.  This is only part of the meltdown!

As I enter the business, Jackson's eyes get wide with excitement and he grabs the biggest cup imaginable.  Asa heads to the machines and starts to pull levels.  Madison gets hers and forgets that I am left with a five year old and a nine year old with Asperger's.  I am quickly loosing my mind.

There was no one behind us so that was a blessing until we came to the toppings bar.  Pay by the weight can damage ones purse strings if you don't monitor the amount your little ones use.  I am trying my hardest to explain that they cannot add everything to their ice cream as a lady, who obviously never had a child with Autism, gives me the stare down. She obviously wanted me to get out of her way.

I try to let everyone pass us, but this just was not going well.  I don't feel I should have to wear a shirt that says, "I am not CRAZY and my child is not a BRAT! He has Asperger's!" Lesson learned.  I will clearly have to set more ground rules before going back to Sweet Frog.

No comments: